This past weekend a few friends of mine and I were “chaperones” at my friend Saisha’s little sister’s pool party out on Long Island. By little I mean 17-20 years old. It was an absolute blast. Here are some high/lowlights of the weekend:
- High school kids actually know how to play volleyball, we had a great couple of games.
- I still get reaaaaaaally sore from playing volleyball.
- I’ve still got some marginal skill at Beirut, with myself and my similarly aged friend Leks going 3-1 against well practiced college aged boys. Considering that neither of us had played the game seriously for the better part of a decade, we were EXTREMELY pleased with the outcome.
- I continue my High School trend of always losing that particular game if playing against females.
- It was nice that simply by virtue of my age I got to be on security duty, which, if you remember High School at all, is ALWAYS needed. I got to say, “hey man, it’s not worth it, dude,” at least twelve times, even though there was only one minor broo-ha-ha.
- Keg beer has always and will always taste like the pressurized nectar of the Gods.
- Some little fucker called me “Sir.” He wasn’t being snarky.